
Sunday was yet another milestone in my running career.... 9 miles! :) So exciting! Of course it was on the treadmill, and I averaged 9 minutes a mile. I took a break after 5 miles to go get some water and reset my time since the treadmills only count up to an hour before they make you cool down. The chick running next to me shot me a 'What is your PROBLEM!?' look when I came back and started running again. Haha! Love it. I just put a big grin on my face and ignored her. I was aiming for 10, but kept feeling the need to...um...... run to the bathroom, which was quite miserable, and I was tired, so I just stopped at 9. I think this also came from running in the afternoon instead of my normal mornings when there's nothing in my tummy. This coming weekend I'm going to attempt to run outside in the cold to prepare for the low temps. I'll be running for the 1/2 coming up. :/ hmmm.... I don't exactly have any warm running clothes that aren't cotton, which I've read is extremely painful..... Just another excuse to go shopping haha!
I set my alarm for 5 this morning, but since the obnoxious roommates kept me up until 2:30, I chose to sleep an extra 2 hours instead of going to Spin class.... which means I'll be heading to the gym after my last class at 5:00, which also equals rush hour at the gym. Grrrrrr.
So, 5 mile run today!
7 comments:
Congrats! Once you hit ten you'll feel like you can conquer the world! :) Andddd 9 on the dreadmill... I would have DIED
hey good job. 9 on the treadmill is a long time. I did 11 this last sat, so I hear ya on the getting off at mile 5 and using the bathroom and letting the machine re-set. I get funny looks too. Oh well, we kind of rock. when is your half?
Great great job! My gym's mills have a 35-minute max - oof.
WOOO awesome job!! you will be at in the double digit mileage very soon :) and wow i cant imagine going that far on a treadmill!! thats a huge accomplishment in itself :)
That is great! I do a lot of long runs on a treadmill in the winter.
Thanks for stopping by my humble little blog.
Nice job with the 9 miles. It's always funny to watch people in the gym look at you funny when you are doing something other than the prescribed 30 minutes - 3 times per week that they are doing.
Good luck with the 5 miles today!
Oh, I forgot to answer your question about how I grade my runs. 'Good' is pretty much the standard grade for any run that felt like it should. 'Great' is reserved for runs that feel effortless and generally awesome. 'Fair' means that I struggled with the run and had to work too hard to maintain my pace. This one is important because if I see more than one of these in a week or in consecutive weeks, I know I'm either getting sick or I'm overtrained. 'Poor' means I am injured - don't want to see that one. Thanks for asking.
Post a Comment